Can you believe it? The summer months have whizzed by and autumn is on the horizon. But it's still plenty hot out there and likely to continue so until – until it cools off. Who knows when? Meanwhile we can review our vacation days and pour over snapshots and fond memories to enjoy in future days. With the hot weather still here you can plan on getting out and around for a few months yet. There are museums and performances of various types. And a walk along the beach can be such a therapeutic experience for whatever ails you. Don't just sit there – get up and go before your initiative has got up and went.
We wish you a healthy and joyful New Year and well over the fast.
Here are suggestions for the New Year (remember making resolutions?). Simple wisdom, gleaned from the Internet, provides a shortcut to improving health, spirit and interpersonal relationships. You can't change anyone else so try to make YOU a better person.
- Do less talking
- By all means plan, but do less planning
- Drink less diet and flavored drinks
- Eat less junk food – you know what I mean
- Do less complaining – it's annoying
- Worry less – it helps sometime
- Do less sitting Move!
- Frowners don't win – stop it!
- Do more listening to others
- Do more doing – realize your dreams
- Drink more water – lots of it!
- Eat more fruits and salads
- Be more encouraging and encouraged
- Do more hoping – it's free and healthy
- Walk, stretch, swim – anything
- Smilers don't lose – so put a smile on
CHAI means alive
And also the number 18. Everyone who donates DOUBLE CHAI (36 NIS) or more will be featured in our "To Life!" section. So give life to ESCA and enjoy it. Of course, anonymous gifts will also be appreciated. An idea for a present for one who has it all. Want to give more? 100 NIS makes you a CENTURY DONOR; 50 NIS a JUBILEE DONOR.
Thanks for the donation
What a gal! Yvonne Radloff donated a century at the end of last season and has kicked off this season with another century donation. That's the ESCA spirit! Many thanks for the help. And come back safely to us from your travels!
NOTE: All donations to ESCA are used for mailing our newsletter and for basic refreshments at our events.